The Community Christian Fellowship began in 1973 with a small group of believers meeting in a home in Bettendorf. That little group shared a desire to follow God's leading and to meet simply, in obedience to their understanding of the New Testament's teaching. They recognized that the church that Jesus Christ promised to build was not a building, but people, simple believers with a devotion and a determination to serve and honor Him. Through home Bible studies, various outreaches, youth activities, and relational evangelism, numbers increased. As the church grew, it moved from homes, to parks, civic and community buildings, and church buildings. In 1986, CCF moved into the building that it now occupies in downtown Moline. The Community Christian Fellowship continues to meet in Jesus' name with the ongoing desire to live in simple dependence on and in reverent obedience to the LORD Jesus Christ who is "head over all things to the church."
Who We Are
- We are a local church-- a community of God's people following Jesus Christ. Together, we carry out our God-given role as Christ's disciples...
DISCOVERING GOD in His Word & prayer
WORSHIPING GOD in celebration & praise
REPRESENTING GOD in witness & service
- We live as Christ's disciples who are learning to love the Lord our God with our whole heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- We uphold the Bible as the final source and authority for our understanding of God and our way of life.
We are led by a plurality of pastors, or elders, who carry equal responsibility and authority in caring for the church as shepherds under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ.
- We provide an environment of acceptance and love for all people as we invite others to follow Christ with us.
- We encourage and assist our members to identify, develop and use their talents and spiritual gifts in creative, contemporary, caring ministries.
- We recognize all followers of Christ as members of His one true church, and we desire to serve together with them to advance His kingdom.
- We remember the sacrificed body and blood of our Lord through communion each week and invite anyone to join in, as long as they have given their life to Christ and are in an active relationship with Him.
- We are a church "on mission with God" in the world-- proclaiming to all people His Good News of regeneration, restoration, and reconciliation through Jesus Christ.
What We Believe
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God-- having existed as God from eternity past in unity with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and that He lived among us in fully human form in order to announce God's kingdom and make atonement for our sins.
- We believe the Old and New Testaments of the Bible to be God's written revelation to humanity, and that the words of Scripture are both inspired by God and without error as originally given.
- We believe that all of humanity has been separated by God as a result of sin, and that reconciliation comes only through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ unto rebirth in the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God has reached out in grace to fallen humanity; offering forgiveness of sins through Christ's sacrifice on the cross, and a new life through his resurrection from the grave.
- We believe that baptism by immersion is an important outward witness of inward faith in Christ and a sincere commitment to follow Him as a way of life.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells all true followers of Christ; having baptized them into Christ's one body, the church.
- We believe the supernatural fruit and power of the Holy Spirit are demonstrated in the lives of believers as a result of being filled with the Spirit.
- We believe God's ultimate purpose in believers' lives involves a process of restoring in them the image and character of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- We believed Marriage was instituted by God and always has been intended as a lifelong, sacred union between one man and one woman.
- We believe Jesus Christ will return to earth personally, calling His "bride", the church to reign forever with Him, exacting justice and executing judgment, and restoring all of creation in God's eternal kingdom of righteousness, peace, and joy.
- We believe in a literal heaven, prepared by God as a place of eternal reward for all who confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe in a literal hell, prepared by God as a place of eternal retribution for His arch enemies-- the devil and his angels; and the final destination of all who do not confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
click here to see our detailed doctrinal statement